Dance movement therapy a creative psychotherapeutic approach, a form of body movement meditation that uses dance and other body movements. These movements encourage social, emotional, cognitive, and physical integration of new mothers-to-be.
Things You Should Know About DMT and The Sessions
- Dance movement therapy benefits are abundant like enhanced self-awareness, feeling of safety, trust and connection.
- Dance movement therapy class integrates both emotional and physical needs that arise on the journey of motherhood through dance and body movement meditation.
- Dance movement therapy activities in this session include dance, movement sequences, movement meditation and relaxation techniques.
- It helps to reduce stress, increase balance, coordination and improve mental well-being.
- You will utilise movement in the workshop to become aware of your psychological and physical needs and develop a sense of self-agency during your pregnancy, delivery, and postpartum journey.